Wednesday, December 2, 2009

...and now from Downers Grove!

Hi everybody! Sorry for the long blog hiatus. The move went well and we're starting to feel more and more settled. The boys are doing great. Cole just had his 6 month check-up and weighed in at 20 lb, 6 oz. and is 28 inches tall (95th percentile for both). He started rice cereal at 5 months and fruits/veggies baby food at 6 months. He has liked everything he has tried so far (squash, carrots, pears, peaches, applesauce) except for green beans. He made this horrible face and practically gagged throughout the feeding. He's starting to sit up on his own and is loving his Jumperoo these days. A few weeks ago, Cole finally started sleeping through the night!! So now Nolan and Cole go to bed at the same time (8:00ish), then Nolan wakes up at about 6:30am and Cole doesn't wake up until 7:00/7:30. I'll take that! It makes for two happy parents.

Nolan's latest obsession is puzzles! He can't get enough of them and it amazes us that he's doing 48 piece puzzles completely on his own. He was a ring bearer on November 7th in my cousin Bill's wedding. I was a little nervous about how it would go because I didn't know if he would freak out when he saw 200+ people watching him. It ended up going fine, but he got a little distracted in the first half of the aisle...started wandering into a pew, said "I don't want to go by myself" since he saw all the groomsmen and bridesmaids walk down in pairs (there wasn't a flower girl), he wanted to stop and play in the baptismal fountain...fun times! =) Dave ended up walking down with him for a little bit, then Nolan finally saw me standing at the end of the aisle holding the new Thomas train named "Bill" that Bill and Meghan gave him the night before. He then ran down the second half of the aisle to me. Pretty funny. We're staying busy during the week with various park district classes plus storyime at the library. I'm in the process of checking out preschools for Nolan. Registration is next month and he'll start next fall...most likely Tues, Wed, Thurs from 9:00-11:30. It'll be nice to get some 1-on-1 time with Cole on those days.

The following slideshows are my attempt to capture the last couple months. Enjoy!

10/11/09 - Sonny Acres Pumpkin Patch



10/31/09 - Halloween



11/1/09 - Cole's Baptism

The ceremony was very nice and Cole is a lucky little boy to have my brother Ryan and my cousin Jennie as his godparents. Grandpa George participated in the ceremony which made it that much more special.

Slideshow preview



Thanksgiving 2009 (Cincinnati)



All of the other pictures from the past couple months:



I post all of my pictures on Picasa, so at anytime you can check them out at http://www.picasaweb.google.com/kristen.hurter

No comments: